Updated: May 2, 2022
Do you like to explore, imagine, and create?
The CMYC Team is adding an Operations and Education Manager to help bring our museum and programming to life. We're looking for a responsible and energetic individual to be our Operations and Education Manager beginning in late May 2022. The individual will have the opportunity to work in a playful environment and assist leadership in the operation of the museum focusing on museum procedures, visitor interactions, and the education program. The individual will have the opportunity to network with community members and lead educational discovery for young minds while creating a fun, informal, interactive, and welcoming environment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Leadership skills including supervising Playologists and volunteers in Executive Director’s absence or during management shifts as assigned
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills
· Friendly demeanor and positive, fun-loving attitude
· Enthusiastic to encourage learning and discovery with young, energetic children
· Education program development and implementation
· Organized, flexible, and reliable
Front Entry Area Duties:
Provide positive customer service
Greet/check in guests to museum and process payments
Maintain cleanliness and appearance of the front desk, gift shop and entry area
Provide guests information on current and upcoming programs and events
Provide reports of front desk activity and gift shop inventory
Museum Operational Duties:
Train, schedule, and supervise Playologists, volunteers, and work experience interns
Complete Manager-on-Duty report at end of each shift
Schedule and track numbers of parties, field trips, and tours
Encourage age-appropriate guest participation using humor, games, activities, and imaginative play
Implement museum rules, policies, and procedures
Assist with set up, reset, and cleaning exhibit areas and removing hazards
Move and sit for long periods of time and lift up to 25 lbs (reasonable accommodations provided)
Create an EPIC visitor experience!
Improve, design, and implement educational and outreach programming (including camps, field trips, classes, workshops, demonstrations, etc)
Design and publish promotional material for social media and website publication
Assess and improve effectiveness of educational programming
Report regularly to Executive Director regarding programming and museum operations
Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· High School Diploma/GED required
· AA or BA/BS in education, art, or science-related field is required/coursework in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Science, Art, Theatre, and/or Music is preferred
· Previous experience working with children is required. Must be able to work in a loud, energetic environment with large numbers of children.
· General computer knowledge and experience is required.
· Customer service experience is required.
· Supervisory experience is preferred.
· Experience in educational programming or museum programming is required.
· Organizational, multi-tasking, and strong communication skills are required. Being fluent in more than one language (especially Spanish) is desirable.
· Fingerprint clearance card required/Background check will be conducted prior to employment
Supervise Playologists, Volunteers, and Work Experience Candidates from AZ@Work
HOURS & PAY
Usual hours are 9:00 AM-5:00 PM Wednesday-Saturday and 11:30-4:30 Sunday based on when museum is open (37 hours)
Flexible scheduling and sharing weekend shifts for the remainder of the hours up to 40 hours/week (some of these hours may be completed remotely)
Museum closed Mondays and Tuesdays
$18-20/hour depending on experience; up to 40 hours/week ($37,440 to $41,600/year)
To apply, send your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Posting: April 20, 2022 Open until filled
First paper screening of candidates will be on May 2, 2022. If selected to interview, we will contact you by phone and email. Selection process will consist of four written pre-interview questions followed by in-person questions with a time to show creativity and playfulness.
Job Begins: as early as May 23, 2022
The Children’s Museum of Yuma County provides equal opportunity to all and prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, amnesty, or economic status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Your supervisor may make an assignment of other duties or instructions from time to time. This assignment of duties or instructions will be within your knowledge and skill base to ensure performance of the assignment in an adequate manner. Management has the right to revise this job description at any time.
The Children’s Museum of Yuma County is an at-will employer. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the museum may terminate employment at any time for any reason with or without notice. The museum may reassign you or change your compensation at any time.
Submission of an application, even if you meet all required skills and abilities, does not guarantee an interview. Due to limited capacity, we are unable to provide feedback about the quality of your application or interview.